I live in Kyoto, Japan, where I was born and raised. I began practicing calligraphy at age six under the late Mr. Akiyama Kodo, a distinguished master of calligraphy whose calligraphic works are found even today on stone monuments for public parks and fasciae for long-established businesses. Despite my age, I think I am increasingly active in my calligraphic practice. "My works give the impression of lightheartedness and overflowing vitality, evoking the dance of air and the flow of clear water" is what people tell me, I am happy and proud to tell you. My distinct style has attracted many followers both domestic and abroad. Having continued for over half a century to be evolving as a calligrapher, I am never willing to compromise. May accomplishments: Solo exhibition, 2009 and three group exhibitions in Kyoto, Japan (2011, 2013, 2015) Participation in a group exhibition in Poznan, Poland, November 2017 Productions as requested from individuals, businesses and citizen’s movements.
Posts by yushokai:
- １０８回目 Happy birthday!
- 大人の作品 Wonderful works by my friend
- 臨書 Copying my teacher’s work
- 稽古日でした Practice session
- 九月だぁ！ Finally, it’s September!
- 魚座の満月 Full Moon in Pisces
- 湧書会９月と１０月の稽古日 Yushokai schedules in September and October
- 洞察力 How deep is your penetration?
- 乾いた筆 Dry brush
- 夕立続き Feature of the late summer
- この字が書きたい！ Anywhere the wind blows…
- 獅子座の新月 New Moon in Leo